Archive for The Trails of Pheasant Ridge
Spring is coming. Flowers will be blooming, the sun will shining and baseball will make its return. After months of cold and snow, residents of Richmond are looking forward to the longer days and warmer temperatures that hold the promise of fun and fresh air in the great outdoors.
Richmond is located in the northern part of the state with nearby state parks, lakes and other attractions just minutes away. Residents of Richmond can leave their homes and find fun activities for the whole family, all within driving distance.
Here are five ways to enjoy the outdoors this spring:
- Glacier National Park. More than 700 miles of trails await hikers in the picturesque national park. Visitors will love the breathtaking views and incredible treks through the mountains.
- Chain O’ Lakes State Park. Visit a fisherman’s paradise with nearly 6,500 acres of water in northeastern Illinois. With more than 40 species of fish, it’s the perfect getaway for anglers. Residents in our Trails of Pheasant Ridge community can leave their homes in Richmond and be on the lakes in about half an hour.
- Baseball. Nothing says spring like baseball, and Illinois has two major league teams about 90 minutes from Richmond. See the Cubs at historic Wrigley Field or watch the White Sox battle the American League’s best teams.
- Drive-in Movies. There’s something special about drive-in movies. Pack up the car and visit the McHenry Outdoor Theater for a nostalgic film experience.
- Summerfield Zoo. The zoo reopens to the public in April. The whole family will love seeing monkeys, reindeer, zebras, camels and more.
With so much to see and do, it’s not hard to see why families love living in Richmond. New homes in the Trails of Pheasant Ridge community feature the quality construction and personal customization that buyers have come to expect from us. Learn more about the new homes we are building in Richmond and other areas by calling 815-385-4495.
Many people make resolutions at the start of the New Year. While many of those resolutions include personal health and wellness, it’s important to remember your McHenry new home also needs a little TLC throughout the year.
Home-based resolutions can take just a few minutes or a few months, but you will be happy you stuck to them, and your house will thank you too.
Here are five resolutions for your home:
- Bundle up. With the cold temperatures come dangers like busted pipes. Poplar Grove homes can see temperatures dip below zero. Prepare for the cold by winterizing your home with these tips.
- Go the extra mile. Just an extra payment a year on your mortgage can save you thousands of dollars in the future by cutting up to five years off of your mortgage.
- Check your coverage. Set aside time at the start of each new year to look at your homeowner’s coverage. Is it the right coverage for your property or do you need to make any changes?
- Fix it, don’t forget it. Your home needs regular repairs. Sit down and make a list of what needs to be checked, so that you don’t forget something important.
- Daydream about your home. If December is for looking backward, January is when we look to the future. Think about the updates you would like to see in your home. Whether it be new countertops, new flooring or just adding gutter guards, make a plan and a budget for the year.
The first month of the New Year is a good time to think about improving ourselves, but adding in some time to
Don’t miss the U.S. National Snow Sculpting Competition, part of more than 10 days of family fun at Winterfest at Lake Geneva. Residents of Bailey Estates and the Trails of Pheasant Ridge should stop by between Wednesday, Jan. 29 and Saturday, Feb. 2 to see the amazing sculptures. Winners will be announced Saturday afternoon.
Winterfest this year will stretch through Saturday, Feb. 8 with plenty of activities for the whole family, including laser tag, a beach party, s’mores, a reindeer run and more.
The event is just 15 minutes from the Bailey Estates homes in Williams Bay, Wis. Additionally, The Trails of Pheasant Ridge is just a short drive up US Highway 12 to Lake Geneva.
The lake also has plenty of other activities during the winter months, including a zip line, Dancing Horses Theatre and the Animal Gardens. Read More→
Winter weather means that there will be plenty of ice and snow on the roads for the next several months. While the white powder may be fun for winter recreation near your Richmond, McHenry, Williams Bay or Poplar Grove real estate, it can pose a real threat to driving conditions.
Here are a few winter weather driving tips for staying safe traveling to and from your home:
- Decrease your speed and leave plenty of room to stop. You should allow at least three times more space between yourself and the car in front of you than you normally would.
- Don’t slam on the brakes; brake gently to avoid skidding.
- Always turn on your lights to make sure you are visible to other motorists. Read More→
With snow falling on a regular basis, it’s time for our McHenry, Williams Bay, Poplar Grove and Richmond homes residents to break out those skis, sleds, snowmobiles and skates for some winter weather fun!
Here’s a look at some of our favorite places for winter recreation near our communities:
The Trails of Dawson Creek
- Aldeen Park: Just a short drive away from Poplar Grove in Loves Park, this is a popular spot for snow sledding, which is allowed on the north side of the dam.
- Regional Activity Center: Also located in Loves Park, this is the home of some of the best local cross-country skiing thanks to a partnership between Paddle and Trail and Rockford Park District. Read More→
Residents of McHenry homes have a fantastic way to escape the cold weather and have fun as an entire family by touring local chocolate shops. Both Anderson’s Candy Shop and Riverside Chocolate Factory offer entertaining tours and sweet treats for the entire family Monday through Sunday.
Anderson’s Candy Shop is located at 10301 N. Main St. in Richmond. Anderson’s has been making chocolate for nearly 100 years, and each of their wide variety of chocolates is handmade, from the classic Ghirardelli to the legendary Massachusetts fudge. Read More→
With fall officially in the air and Halloween just a few weeks away, there are plenty of ways for your family to have fun near your McHenry, Poplar Grove, Richmond or Williams Bay new home. Whether you’re looking to celebrate the season of fall at a local festival or you want something a little scarier, there is bound to be an event or two for you to enjoy.
- October 6: Join the McHenry County Historical Society Museum in Union for the 36th Annual Cider Festival (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) featuring harvest demonstrations, a horseshoe tournament, apple goodies bakery, kettle corn, antique clothing and book sale and live entertainment from Charlie B and Friends from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- October 12-26: The Wonder Lake Ski Show Team will host their annual Haunted Hayride fundraiser at Peterson Park in McHenry. Hayrides will be available to those ages 10 and up for $8 per person from 7:00 to 10:30 p.m. on October 12, 18, 19, 25, and 26. Come prepared for a frighteningly good time complete with refreshments! Read More→
For many, fall is their favorite season simply because they enjoy watching the leaves change from vibrant green to stunning shades of red, orange and yellow. However, fall also brings cooler weather, which means we start to transition our lives from outdoor activities to indoor fun. For residents of Williams Bay, McHenry, Poplar Grove and Richmond new homes, making this shift is easily done from the comfort of your four seasons room.
No matter if you want to escape the heat of summer, a passing spring shower or the snowy cold of winter, or you just want to take in the transformation that occurs during fall from your favorite sofa , our four seasons rooms are the perfect spot in your home to enjoy nature’s beauty year-round. These custom additions end up increasing your home’s square footage by either 168 or 336 (if you have a basement) square feet, the perfect amount of space to arrange your favorite sofa or chairs, a few tables and other accents. Read More→
McHenry residents, it’s time to rev up your engines for Green Street Cruise Nights! The area’s largest and longest running cruise night is going on each Monday from 6 to 8 p.m. now through Monday, September 30.
Each week, area residents are invited to come look at more than 300 cool cars, including the week’s featured cars, as well as visit with vendors, enter into the 50/50 raffle benefitting Fish of McHenry Food Pantry, sample food and drinks, listen to live music and enjoy family fun.
If you’re wondering what’s on tap for the next few weeks, here’s a look at the schedule of events and featured cars:
- September 16: Live Music by a solo guitarist and pony cars (Mustang, Cougar, Camaro, Firebird, Javelin, AMX, Challenger, Barracuda, etc.)
- September 23: Mopar cars (Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep and Ram)
- September 30: Impersonators Night featuring Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe and street rod, custom and street machines Read More→
When choosing a new home community, many buyers are looking for the total package: a quality home, reputable builder and outstanding local amenities. For those buyers looking at purchase a new home from Gerstad Builders, you get just that. In fact, in addition to making sure all of our communities are near top schools, shops and restaurants, we also look for nearby recreation opportunities. And, this month, having plenty of local and state parks near your new home makes celebrating National Picnic Month easy!
Homeowners at The Trails of Dawson Creek will love making a short day trip to the nearby Rock Cut State Park in Loves Park, Ill. This recreation area near our Poplar Grove real estate offers more than just picnic shelters, though. You can also spend time hiking, biking and horseback riding on miles and miles of trails, taking your boat out on Pierce Lake, fishing on Olson Lake, going for a swim at Olson Lake beach or sleeping under the stars at one of the many campsites. Read More→